Tylosin Tartrate is effective against a large number of causative agents of diseases (Streptococci, Staphylococci, Corynebacteria, Pasteurella, Anthrax, and Erysipelas Bacilli, and others). It is particularly effective against Mycoplasma gallisepticum (CRD).
The drug is well absorbed from the proximal parts of the digestive tract so that a therapeutic blood level is rapidly attained. It is also well diffused in body fluids and tissues. Tylosin is very effective in the treatment of Chronic Respiratory Disease complex (CRD-complex). It is also efficient in the treatment of infectious synovitis and sinusitis, as well as several other poultry diseases.
Tylosin is a macrolide antibiotic with bacteriostatic action against Gram-positive and Gram-negative cocci. After oral administration, therapeutic blood levels are reached within 2 – 4 hours.
MODE OF ADMINISTRATION
Orally: Well homogenized into the feed．In order to reach uniform homogenization with feed, it is recommended to mix the measured quantity of the preparation (calculated on the basis of the prescribed dose) on stages in the following order: up to 10 kg feed; up to 100 kg feed; and up to 1000 kg feed.
DOSAGE in g／ton feed．
Pigs: For prevention of dysentery and necrotic enteritis as per the following schedule：
- Up to 25 kg body weight： 400 g
- From 25 kg to 45 kg body weight： 160 g
- Over 45 kg body weight： 80 g
For therapeutic treatment of dysentery：
- Treatment is initiated with tylosin tartrate applied into the drinking water, (1g per 4-8 l of water in the course of 3-5 days), and then continues with Tylosin 25％premix, applied into the feed-400 g for 2-3 weeks, followed by l60 g until there is no longer hazard of recurrence or new invasions.
Cattle: For prevention of liver abscesses：
- 32-40 g in the ration continuously or at a dose of 0.24-0.36g／head／daily.
Poultry: For prevention of chronic respiratory disease in chickens and infectious sinusitis synovitis in turkey-poults:
- 4000 g daily during the first 3-5days after hatching out, and for another 2 days during the 4th week．
For therapeutic treatment of the above-mentioned diseases:
- 4000 g once daily for 3 to 7 days
- 2000 g daily in the course of 5-7 days with a simultaneous vaccination.
In stress conditions of chickens and turkey-poults (vaccination, transporting, rehousing, overcrowding, abrupt changes in feed, or in environmental temperature):
- 2000 g daily in the course of 5-10 days.
For meat :
- Pigs – 0days
- Poultry – 1day
- Cattle – 0 days.
Keep well closed in dry and well-ventilated facilities, protected from direct sunlight at temperatures between 15℃-25℃.
Two (2) years from the date of manufacture．