We offer Centre-Dicox which is a drug valuable in the poultry industry for the treatment and prevention of coccidiosis.
- Always adhere to the usage guidelines.
- Keep all drugs out of reach of children and pets.
Centre-Dicox: Dosage and administration
- Add 100ml of the product into 500 – 1000litres of drinking water for 2 days. Medicated water should be consumed within 24 hours.
- Chicken and Turkey
- Meat; 5 days
- Do not use in birds producing eggs for human consumption.
- No adverse reaction according to the recommended dosage.
- Mix well with the feed, because of the effect and adverse reaction.
- Avoid contact with skin and eyes.
- Seal and store in a dry place, protect from light.
- Keep out of reach of children.
Where can I use Centre-Dicox?
You might have asked yourself, should diclazuril be used in the starter feed, the grower feed, or in both?
- It is important to include diclazuril in the starter ration to reduce the build-up of oocysts in the litter. Although lesions due to Eimeria are not often seen before 3 weeks of age, this is the period when the initial infection and multiplication of the parasite occurs.
- In addition, diclazuril can be included in the grower ration because this is the period when the pathogenic effects of coccidiosis are most likely.
- Another reason to include diclazuril in both feeds is to eliminate any resistant strains, a goal that cannot be readily achieved in shuttle programs where a chemical is used only in the starter feed. This is because any oocysts of a “resistant” strain can survive in the litter for the brief period that a chemical is present in the starter feed.
- Findings suggest that when diclazuril is included in the grower feed, performance is similar to or better than other ionophore programs.