Centre Levamisole is a premium dewormer indicated for the treatment and control of gastrointestinal and pulmonary nematode infections and chronic fascioliasis in cattle.
- Levamisole is a synthetic anthelmintic with activity against a broad spectrum of gastrointestinal worms and against lungworms. Levamisole causes an increase of the axial muscle tone followed by paralysis of the worms.
- It is used for the prevention and treatment of Flukes, Roundworms infestation in cattle, sheep, and goats.
- Some of the gastrointestinal worms (adult and immature) include Haemonchus contortus, Ostertagia circumcincta, Inchostrongylus spp., Coopenia spp., Nematodirus spp., Strongyloides papilosus, Oesophagostomum spp, and adult Chabertia ovina.
- The active ingredient in this product is Levamizole HCL BP.
- They come in 100g sachets.
Centre Levamisole: Suitable for
- Cattle, sheep, and goats.
- Prophylaxis and treatment of gastrointestinal and lungworm infections in cattle, calves, sheep, goats, poultry and swine, like:
Cattle, calves, sheep and goats:
- Bunostomum, Chabertia, Cooperia, Dictyocaulus, Haemonchus, Nematodirus, Ostertagia, Protostrongylus and Trichostrongylus spp.
- Ascaridia and Capillaria spp.
- Ascaris suum, Hyostrongylus rubidus, Metastrongylus elongatus, Oesophagostomum spp. and Trichuris suis.
Recommendations and precautions
- Do not administer to ewes and cows during early pregnancy (first 45 days).
- Do not use in lactating animals whose milk is to be used for human consumption.
- No side effects are reported when used at therapeutic doses.
- Shake well before use.
Centre Levamisole: Contra-indications
- Do not administer to animals with severely impaired liver or kidney function.
- Do not administer to animals hypersensitive to levamisole.