Coldox WSP is an anti-microbial drug for the effective treatment of diseases, especially mycoplasmosis, salmonellosis, sinusitis, chlamydiosis, rickettsia, colibacillosis, chronic respiratory disease (CRD), and gastrointestinal tract infections in poultry.
- This product is suitable for use in poultry birds.
- We deliver nationwide!
Coldox WSP: Composition
- Each kg contains colistin sulfate and doxycycline HCl.
- Infections caused by micro-organisms susceptible to doxycycline and tylosin especially chronic respiratory diseases (CRD) and gastro-intestinal tract in poultry, calves, and pigs.
Coldox WSP: Dosage and administration
Oral administration via drinking water
- Prevention: Half of the treatment dose for 3-5 days
- Treatment: 1g to 1 litre of drinking water for 5-7 days
Withdrawal period of Coldox WSP
- Poultry/Egg: 5 days
Know more about CRD
Chronic Respiratory Disease (CRD), also known as the bulgy eye or mycoplasmosis, is an upper respiratory infection caused by Mycoplasma gallisepticum. The disease occurs very commonly in backyard chicken flocks worldwide.
- Young birds less than 4 months of age and roosters tend to have more severe infections than older or adult birds.
- The characteristic signs include tracheal rales or gurgling sounds, nasal discharge, sneezing, gapping, and coughing. Conjunctivitis and eye discharge may be present in one or both eyes.
- There can (less commonly) be facial swelling and head shaking.
- Sources of infection include latently and chronically infected birds (domestic chickens and turkeys or wild birds).
- It spreads vertically (from breeding parents to offspring) and horizontally both directly from bird to bird and can be indirectly spread by living and inanimate vectors.
- Minimize contact with wild birds.
- Quarantine any new flock members, or any birds taken to a poultry show, swab, county fair, auction, etc. for 30 days prior to adding them to your flock.
- Minimize stress on the farm.