Erythromycin belongs to the group of macrolide antibiotics. It acts bacteriostatic by suppressing protein synthesis through binding to the 50S-subunit of the 70S-ribosomes and by suppressing the action of the peptidyl-transferase enzyme.
- The offered product is effective against gram-positive bacteria like Streptococci, Staphylococci, Clostridia and Corynebacteria spp.
- It is also effective against some Gram-negative bacteria like Pasteurella and Haemophilus spp, Mycoplasma spp.
- It is indicated for the treatment of respiratory diseases caused by Mycoplasma and/or bacterial infections in poultry.
- It is effective in the treatment of Chronic Respiratory Disease (CRD), Mycoplasmosis, Pasteurella infections, infectious Coryza and Salmonellosis.
- It is also effective in the treatment of infections caused by Erysipelas and Mycoplasma in turkeys.
- Do not administer to animals hypersensitive to erythromycin.
- Do not administer to animals with an impaired liver function.
- Erythromycin must never be used in horses, rabbits and guinea pigs; it may result in acute lethal colitis because it disturbs the intestinal flora.
- Also in ruminants, it can result in a severe disturbance in ruminal digestion.
- Erythromycin can occasionally cause gastrointestinal disturbances such as emptying of the stomach and increased intestinal motility (diarrhoea).
- Do not combine erythromycin with other macrolide antibiotics.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION:
For oral administration via drinking water.
- Poultry, turkeys: 125 g per 100 litres of drinking water during 3 – 5 days (equivalent to 20 mg of erythromycin per kg bodyweight).
- Make a pre-solution of 100 g in 1-litre lukewarm water and add this to the required amount of drinking water. In case of increased or lowered water intake adjust the medication concentrations accordingly.
- Repeat treatment only on the advice of your veterinarian.
- Medicated drinking water should be used within 24 hours.
- Eggs: 6 days
Meat: 6 days
- Store in a dry, dark place between 2 °C and 25 °C.
- Store in a closed packing.
- Keep the medicine away from children.