Feed Grade Methionine
Feed grade methionine is an essential amino acid that acts as the substrate for other amino acids such as cysteine and taurine, versatile compounds, and the antioxidant glutathione.
- Methionine plays a critical role in the metabolism and health of many species. Therefore, supplementation of livestock diet with L-methionine powder improves splanchnic metabolism, gastrointestinal tract development as well as the growth performance of young broiler chicks.
- Additionally, L-methionine contains sulfur, which is responsible for a compound known as s-adenosylmethionine or “SAMe,” known to support the proper functioning of the immune system; neurotransmitters like dopamine, serotonin, and melatonin; and cell membranes.
- The functional role of methionine in the gastrointestinal tract, especially its antioxidative effects, enables it to improve the health of the gastrointestinal tract of rapidly growing animals. Therefore, it confers a positive growth impact.
- Place an order for yours today!
Methionine in livestock feed is important because of its many functions such as:
- Enhancing protein synthesis.
- Reducing cost by increasing feed efficiency.
- Alleviating the negative effects of stress.
- Acting as a precursor in metabolic pathways.
- Increasing breast meat.
Dosage and administration of methionine
- Animal species: All livestock
- Route of administration: Inclusion in feed
- Dosage: as recommended, from day-old throughout life