LaSota vaccines are prophylactic regimens prepared using the live attenuated LaSota strain of the Newcastle disease virus, cultured on embryonated SPF eggs, freeze-dried and vacuum-sealed.
- The LaSota vaccine contains streptomycin and penicillin as bacteriostatic agents. It also contains fungizone as a fungistatic agent.
- The LaSota vaccine has undergone strict potency, safety, and purity tests and meets USDA requirements. Thus, it is safe to use on animals.
- The offered product is a 1000-dose vaccine, implying that it will be sufficient for the vaccination of 1000 birds.
LaSota vaccines: Indications
- Administration on healthy chickens for the prevention of Newcastle disease.
- It is recommended for the vaccination of healthy chickens 14 days of age or older by drinking water administration or by aerosol spray.
- Note that spray vaccination of the LaSota vaccine is recommended for revaccination only. Revaccination is recommended at four weeks and 16 weeks of age.
LaSota Vaccines: Dosage and Administration Guide
Directions for Drinking Water Vaccination:
- Do not open and mix the LaSota vaccine until ready to vaccinate.
- Remove all medication, sanitizers, and disinfectants from the drinking water 72 hours prior to vaccination.
- Provide sufficient water so that all of the birds can drink at one time. Clean and rinse the waterers thoroughly.
- Withhold all water from the birds for two (2) to four (4) hours prior to vaccination with the LaSota vaccine to stimulate thirst.
- Add nonfat dry milk to the water at the rate of one (1) ounce per gallon before mixing the vaccine.
- Remove the aluminum seal and rubber stopper from a vaccine vial.
- Fill the LaSota vaccine vial two-thirds (2/3) full with clean, cool water and mix gently.
- Mix the dissolved vaccine with water as shown below:
|Age of birds||Water per 1,000 doses of vaccine|
|2-4 weeks||2.5 gallons (9.9 L)|
|4-8 weeks||5 gallons (18.9 L)|
|8 weeks or older||10 gallons (37.9 L)|
- Distribute the LaSota vaccine solution among the waterers. Avoid direct sunlight.
- Do not provide any other drinking water until all of the vaccine mixtures have been consumed.
Spray Aerosol Vaccination:
- Use only for revaccination of healthy chickens two (2) weeks of age or older. Do not use for initial vaccination.
- Use a sprayer delivering an aerosol-like mist to disperse the rehydrated vaccine quickly and evenly throughout a house of chickens.
Precautions to take
- Endeavor not to vaccinate diseased birds.
- Birds should be free of respiratory diseases and parasitic infestations.
- Vaccinate all of the birds on the same premises at the same time.
- Avoid stress conditions during and following vaccination.
- Use the entire contents when first opened.
- Burn the LaSota vaccine container and all unused contents.