Levastar is a premium dewormer and immune-modulator indicated for the treatment and control of gastrointestinal and pulmonary nematode infections and chronic fascioliasis in cattle.
- Levamisole is a synthetic anthelmintic with activity against a broad spectrum of gastrointestinal worms and against lungworms. Levamisole causes an increase of the axial muscle tone followed by paralysis of the worms.
- It is used for the prevention and treatment of Flukes, Roundworms infestation in cattle, sheep, and goats.
- Some of the gastrointestinal worms (adult and immature) include Haemonchus contortus, Ostertagia circumcincta, Inchostrongylus spp., Coopenia spp., Nematodirus spp., Strongyloides papilosus, Oesophagostomum spp, and adult Chabertia ovina.
- The active ingredient in this product is Levamisole Hydrochloride B.P 30% w/w.
- They come in 100g sachets.
Unique Property of Levastar
- Levastar has an immunomodulation effect.
- It revises depressed T-lymphocytes function and enhances the activities of phagocytes
Indications for using Levastar
- Ascaridia galli, Oxyspirura, Heterakis, Capillaria and Syngamus in poultry and swine
- Gastrointestinal nematodes, hookworms, whipworms, lungworms and heartworms in livestock
- Deworming: 50gms in 100 litres of water for 500 layers or 1000 growers
- Immunomodulation: 25gms in 100 litres of water for 500 layers or 1000 growers
Livestock, Swine & Dog
- 8-10mg per kg body weight
- 5 days for eggs and meat
Recommendations and precautions
- Do not administer to ewes and cows during early pregnancy (first 45 days).
- Do not use in lactating animals whose milk is to be used for human consumption.
- No side effects are reported when used at therapeutic doses.
- Shake well before use.
- Do not administer to animals with severely impaired liver or kidney function.
- Do not administer to animals hypersensitive to levamisole.