Madimpex is an ionophore anticoccidial containing 1% maduramycin (in the form of ammonium salt) which is usually spray dried.
- It is designed for the treatment of coccidiosis in broilers.
- We deliver this product all over Nigeria.
Indications for using Madimpex
- Prevention and treatment of intestinal and caecal coccidiosis, thus by extension; necrotic enteritis.
- For the prevention and treatment of infections caused by gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria. These include Pullorum disease, Fowl Typhoid, Intestinal infections, Omphalitis etc.
- Vitamin deficiency pre-and post-stress period.
- Prevention and treatment of enteritis in piglets.
- Indicated for the prophylaxis and treatment of intestinal coccidiosis in rabbits.
When to use iodophore anticoccidial drug
- It is important to include diclazuril in the starter ration to reduce the build-up of oocysts in the litter. Although lesions due to Eimeria are not often seen before 3 weeks of age, this is the period when the initial infection and multiplication of the parasite occurs.
- In addition, diclazuril can be included in the grower ration because this is the period when the pathogenic effects of coccidiosis are most likely.
- Another reason to include diclazuril in both feeds is to eliminate any resistant strains, a goal that cannot be readily achieved in shuttle programs where a chemical is used only in the starter feed. This is because any oocysts of a “resistant” strain can survive in the litter for the brief period that a chemical is present in the starter feed.
- Findings suggest that when diclazuril is included in the grower feed, performance is similar to or better than other ionophore programs.