Miaphos is advantageous for poultry in that it allows for optimal mineralization of the skeleton ensuring stronger bone material which is an important attribute needed especially in laying birds, breeders and turkey.
- The additional phosphorus and calcium help in improving eggshell quality. It provides additional mineral nutrients essential for the recovery of birds from stressful conditions.
Medication of Miaphos
- Animal species: livestock
Route of administration: oral
Dosage: 1L medicates 1000L of water
Supplements in poultry production
- In light of difficult market conditions, rising raw ingredients prices, and increasing competition, industrial poultry farming is more challenging than ever. Although micro-and micronutrient deficiency is traditionally fairly rare, the reduced feed intake during periods of stress or disease and the prevalence of pathogens in large flocks means that an efficient nutritional strategy could be an effective solution for producers keen to safeguard production.
- For the chicks and hens, D3, E, and B complex vitamins contribute to a healthy immune system, as well as increasing energy levels and appetite after a period of stress.
- Vitamin supplementation is a good strategy for all hens but is particularly important to boost the defenses of birds whose immune systems have been challenged by disease or even by vaccination.
- In addition, these micronutrients are essential for energy synthesis, increasing the vitality of weak birds.
- Vitamin D plays a vital role in the optimal function of a hen’s skeletal system, strengthening the bones, claws, and beak. It also has a positive impact on the quality of the eggshells produced by layers.
- Vitamin E is vital for growth and good egg production. It also contributes to a healthy immune system by increasing the activity of “microbe-eating” phagocytes, cells that ingest and destroy harmful bacteria.