This live PPR vaccine (Peste Des Petits Ruminants) is a preparation derived from cell cultures infected with the attenuated strain of the PPR virus.
It is a thermostable live-attenuated conventional or recombinant vaccine that is a way to avoid cold chain-associated problems in tropical and subtropical countries. Mass vaccination of sheep and goats in endemic countries might be a pragmatic approach to control PPR in the first phase of disease eradication.
- The vaccine is prepared just before use by reconstitution of freeze-dried vaccine with sterile water (diluent).
- 1ml subcutaneous injection of the vaccine offers 1-year protection.
- 50 doses per vial diluted in 50ml of sterile water.
PPR Vaccine Vaccination Schedule
- This vaccine is recommended for use as early as 4 months of age or older.
- It is advisable to vaccinate after lambing season or before the onset of the breeding season.
- Transfer a small aliquot of chilled diluents (sterile water) to vials containing the freeze-dried preparation.
- Mix well to ensure uniform suspension.
- Transfer the suspension to the corresponding diluents vial and mix well.
- Subcutaneous injection at the mid-neck region is advocated through an area of clean dry skin with all precautions taken.
- Sterile needles and syringes should be used for every withdrawal.
There are no reviews yet.