Salmonella Live Vaccine
Do you need protection against salmonellosis on your farm? Our Salmonella Live Vaccine, which contains the attenuated MTR2 strain of Salmonella enteritidis bacteria, offers wide-range protection against salmonellosis.
- This vaccine was developed by Biovac Biological Laboratories, using metabolic drift mutations which are mutations in essential enzymes and metabolic regulatory centres.
- On per-oral vaccination, this vaccine elicits protection by the invasion and multiplication of Salmonella in the mucosa-associated lymphatic tissues (MALT) and gut-associated lymphatic tissues (GALT) such as Peyer’s patches.
- The vaccine strain survives and multiplies for a period of time just sufficient for eliciting a protective response.
- Do not freeze the vaccine, store at 2ºC-8ºC protected from direct sunlight.
- Each dose contains attenuated Salmonella enteritidis MTR2 strain, at least 108.0 CFU.
- For active immunization of chickens to reduce sickness resulting from salmonellosis. It also mitigates carrying and shedding of Salmonella enteritidis.
Indications for use
- Always use this product strictly following your veterinarian’s instructions.
- Dilute the dry vaccine in sterilized water or boiled and cooled water. Ensure there are no anti-bacterial and disinfectant leftovers.
- Use immediately after dilution.
Administration and dosage
- Withhold all anti-bacterial treatments of chicken 3 days before and 3 days after vaccination.
- Do not give any disinfectant substance and other substance with antibacterial action 3 days before the vaccination.
- In order to stimulate thirst in the chickens, deprive the chickens from drinking 1-2 hours before vaccination (depends on weather).
- Prepare adequate volume of drinking water to be consumed within 1-2 hours.
- Protect the dissolved vaccine from chlorine by adding skimmed milk to the drinking water.
- After 15 minutes, add the diluted vaccine to the drinking water.
- Ensure that the birds consume all the vaccine-water volume before renewing water supply.
Precautions to take
- Only vaccinate healthy flock.
- Wear gloves while preparing and administrating the vaccine.
- Destroy all unused vaccines and wash hands with soap after administration.
- When accidentally swallowed, go to a physician with the vial and leaflet.