SelEmmune oral is a poultry supplement recommended to boost immune response in poultry, which can be influenced by genetic makeup, nutrition, environment, management etc.
The innate immune system plays a fundamental role in the generation and maintenance of immunological balance. Chicken heterophils (avian equivalent of the mammalian neutrophil, and the most common white blood cells in birds) are the first line of defense that can launch a series of intra and extra cellular protective mechanisms.
SelEmmune helps combat free radical formation leading to a higher disease resistance by the birds.
Constituents of SelEmmune
Selenium : This forms a vital constituent of the major antioxidant enzyme, Glutathione Peroxidase (GSHPx). This enzyme reduces peroxides in cells thus preventing oxidative damage to the cells. Selenium in the form of selenoproteins is critical in the formation of thyroid and other endocrine hormones. Adequate selenium levels have also shown to be necessary for normal spermatogenesis.
Vitamin-E : As an antioxidant, Vitamin-E scavenges harmful free radicals which are produced normally by the cells especially during times of stress. Vitamin-E also enhances phagocytic activity of neutrophils, macrophages and NK cells.
Folic Acid : Folic acid has an important role in the growth, development of feathers and in the production of red blood cells. Deficiency of Folic acid leads to poor feathering, skeletal deformities and an increased risk of anaemia.
Biotin : Biotin is also known as Vitamin B7 or Vitamin H, a water-soluble B-complex vitamin that is required for cell growth & metabolism of both fats and amino acids. In poultry, biotin is vital for good feather development and improved skin condition.
Benefits of SelEmmune
- Stimulates humoral & cell mediated immunity.
- Enhances phagocytic acitivity of neutrophils, macrophages and natural killer cells.
- Increases production of antibodies in the immune system.
- Scavenges harmful free radicals.
- Prevents stress.
- Helps in normal growth, feather development and production of red blood cells.
Long-term effects of SelEmmune administration include
- Increase in size of eggs for laying birds.
- Increased nutritional value of poultry meat and eggs.
- Enhanced feed conversion rate in birds.
- Stronger and well formed eggshells
- Combats free radicals in birds to enhance disease resistance
- Improved chick viability.
- Maintenance of tissue structure integrity.
- Ensures adequate vitamin E concentration in egg yolk
Deficiency of Vitamin E and Selenium is hardly detectable sub-clinically but leads to the following:
- Higher susceptibility to infectious diseases.
- Retarded growth and impaired feed conversion.
- Fatal aberrant development of the brain (encephalomalacia-crazy chick syndrome)
- Diminished fertility.
- Reduced stress resistance.
- Liver necrosis.
- Disorders of the cellular membrane.
ADMINISTRATION (through drinking water)
Chicks………….. 5ml/100 birds per day
Growers………..10ml/100 birds per day
Layers…………..10ml/100 birds per day
Broilers………..10ml/100 birds per day
Breeders………20ml/100 birds per day