Tylo-Mix Powder is a combination of tylosin and doxycycline, making the product have an additional mode of action.
- Doxycycline belongs to the group of tetracyclines and has bacteriostatic activity against many Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria like Staphylococcus spp., Diplococcus pneumonia, Streptococcus spp., Haemophilus influenza, E. coli, Pneumococci, Bacillus anthracis, Clostridium tetani, and Cl. perfringens, Listeria monocytogenes, Actinomyces spp., Enterobacter spp., Klebsiella spp., Salmonella spp., Shigella spp. and Yersinia spp.
- Doxycycline is also active against Mycoplasma spp. (M. pneumonia), Rickettsiae and Chlamydia spp.
- Doxycycline is especially recommended for the treatment of bacterial respiratory infections.
- Tylosin is a macrolide antibiotic with bacteriostatic activity against mainly Gram-positive bacteria and cocci (Gram-negative Meningococci and Gonococci).
- It is effective against the following bacteria: Staphylococcus spp., Streptococcus spp., Corynebacterium spp., Neisseria spp., Flavobacterium spp., Campylobacter spp., Bacillus anthracis, Moraxella bovis Clostridium spp., Haemophilus spp., Bordetella bronchiseptica, Spirochetes (especially Treponema hyodysenteriae) and obligate anaerobe organisms (like M. hyosynovial, M. hyorhinis, M. hyopneumoniae and M. caprae).
Indications for using Tylo-Mix Powder
- Tylo-Dox Extra WSP is effective against infections caused by micro-organisms sensitive to tylosin and doxycycline in calves, poultry, and pigs. It is specially indicated for the treatment of gastrointestinal and respiratory infections.
- Do not administer to animals hypersensitive to tylosin, cross-resistance with macrolides appear. Do not administer to animals hypersensitive to tetracyclines. Do not administer to animals with severely impaired liver or renal function.
Tylo-Mix Powder: Side effects
- Edible tissues: 7 days
- Eggs: 2 days
- Store in a dry, dark place between 2 °C and 25 °C.
- Store in a closed packing.
- Keep the medicine away from children.