We offer maize seeds which are highly viable and good quality seeds for your maize plantation. The seeds are premium products that avail to farmers many important and desirable features including high grain yield and promiscuous harvest. The varieties have good husk cover and are suitably tolerant to drought.
We offer various varieties of maize seeds including AMANA-2, SAMMAZ 49, and SC612. Do you need other varieties? Click here to explore more!
- Variety Name: AMANA-2
- Original Name: MASYN-VAR 3 F2
- Outstanding Characteristics: High grain yield and prolific. (7.7t/ha)
- Agroecological Zones: Mid-altitude
- Minimum Yield (t/ha): 7.7
- Maximum Yield (t/ha): 7.7
- Variety Name: SAMMAZ 49
- Original Name: LY1001-10
- Outstanding Characteristics: Intermediate levels of pro-vitamin A content (11.3’g/g) (7.8t/ha)
- Agroecological Zones: Northern Guinea and Sudan Savanna ecologies
- Minimum Yield (t/ha): 7.8
- Maximum Yield (t/ha): 7.8
- Variety Name: SC612
- Original Name: M1124-31
- Outstanding Characteristics: Tolerant to drought, high yield, and good husk cover. (9.0t/ha)
- Agroecological Zones: Guinea Savannah
- Minimum Yield (t/ha): 9
- Maximum Yield (t/ha): 9
Health Benefits of Maize
- The high amount of fiber present in corn helps lower cholesterol levels and also reduces the risk of colon cancer.
- Corn, if consumed in moderate quantities, has been seen to be beneficial for those suffering from diabetes.
- Being rich in folate, corn helps the generation of new cells, especially important before and during pregnancy.
- Those suffering from anemia have shown positive effects after consuming corn.
- The pantothenic acid present in corn helps the physiological functions of the body.
- Owing to the presence of thiamin, corn has been said to help in the metabolism of carbohydrates.
- Corn has been found to be helpful in treating kidney problems, including renal dysfunction.
- Regular consumption of corn, in moderate quantities, has been associated with better cardiovascular health.
- The beta-cryptoxanthin in corn makes it good for the health of the lungs cryptoxanthin and may even help prevent lung cancer.
- The insoluble fiber in corn makes it good for those suffering from common digestive ailments, like constipation and hemorrhoids.