Oil palm seeds require an evenly distributed annual rainfall of 2000 mm without a defined dry season. Best Tenera oil palm yields are obtained in places where a maximum average temperature of 29-33 degrees and a minimum average temperature of 22-24 degrees are available.
- The crop requires 1800-2000 sunlight hours annually, more than 300 cal/cm2/per day, constant sunlight of at least 5 hours per day for better oil palm yield.
- Moist, deep and well-drained medium-textured soils rich in humus content are considered ideal for the propagation of these crops.
- Gravelly and sandy soils, particularly the coastal sands are not ideal for oil palm cultivation. Heavy clay soils with poor drainage properties may pose problems of aeration during rainy seasons.
We offer hybrid varieties of oil palm seedlings including the Supergene and Tenera varieties.
Features of Tenera Oil-Palm Seeds
- The first-year harvest can be up to 7 to 8 tons FFB per hectare.
- A wider gap between the leaf stems results in increased photosynthesis for more robust growth.
- With more female flowers, the ratio is 2 times higher than the normal species.
- Shorter tree, easy to reach, subsequently, the harvesting cost is reduced.
- Tenera Oil palm seed is resistant to diseases like genoderma and basal stem rot virus.
- Earlier harvest (22 – 24months), compared to 36 – 48 months of SIRM standard seedling.
- Higher oil-to-bunch ratio, more than 25% bigger seed, thinner shell, and smaller kernel.
- Tree diameter and circumference is bigger, supports more branches and fruits, reduction of gravity effect allows easy transfer of nutrients from the soil to fruit.
- Longer tree lifecycle, 30 years of fruit-bearing, therefore the income period is longer. Although fertilizer application is advised, it can thrive well without fertilizers.
- The lifespan is 25 years.
In the hot season, summer, grow Tenera Oil palm seeds outdoors and make sure you place them in a very sunny and warm spot.