DD Force Insecticide
DD Force insecticide is an organophosphate chemical compound with considerably strong acaricidal actions against aphids, sucking and chewing insects, spider mites, caterpillars, thrips, and whiteflies. The product is an agricultural insecticide that is highly recommended for application to a wide range of crops including fruit trees, vegetables, rice, wheat, cassava, sugarcane, yam, maize, cotton, cocoa.
- The product is highly poisonous to agricultural pests and it acts via the stomach, contact, and respiratory poisoning.
- Our premium product is non-phytotoxic when used as directed and we will highly recommend strict adherence to the label instructions.
- Active Ingredient: DDVP 1000EC.
Application of DD Force Insecticide
|Crop||Rate of Use|
|Tea, coffee, cocoa||1-4 l/hectare|
|Cotton, groundnut, cowpea||1-2 l/hectare|
|Maize, wheat, rice, sorghum||2 l/hectare|
- Note: The volume of water to cover one hectare is 400 liters of clean water. The sprayer should be well-calibrated to assure uniform coverage.
Importance of insecticides in crop production
Insecticides are chemicals that destroy or inhibit specific developmental stages of insects. They play a vital role in an Integrated Pest Management plan.
Food crops must compete with up to 3,000 species of worms and 10,000 species of plant-eating insects. The threats by these pests do not stop when crops leave fields because they can still cause great nuisance and damage in storage. This shows the pertinent need for specific chemicals that can deal with these pests while prolonging the life of crops and preventing post-harvest losses.
- Insecticides help farmers grow more food on less land by protecting crops from insects and their developmental stages.
- The use of insecticides will serve to increase the productivity per hectare.
- They enable farmers to produce safe, quality foods at affordable prices.
- They also help farmers to provide an abundance of nutritious, all-year-round food which is necessary for human health.
- Insecticides decrease exposure to food contaminated with harmful micro-organisms and naturally occurring toxins, preventing food-related diseases.
Precautions to take!!!
- Application and timing are important to maximize the effectiveness of insecticides and to reduce the impact on non-target organisms.
- Numerous pesticides are registered for use by crop farmers and it should be noted that an insecticide cannot be legally used for any purpose other than the purpose shown on the approved label.
- Specific safety precautions should also be taken particularly when transporting, mixing, and applying insecticides.
There are no reviews yet.