Roundup Herbicide is a non-volatile, water-soluble liquid product with non-selective herbicidal activity against early weeds (annual and perennial broad-leaf weeds and grasses). Its formulation features a sophisticated and efficient surfactant system that is tissue safe, optimized for dissolution in water and waxy materials, and accelerates the uptake of a larger quantity of the active ingredient by weeds with faster penetration into weed cuticles to roots.
- It is an efficient crop protection product with excellent weed control, reliability and favourable environmental attributes. It is applicable in low-volume- low-pressure pre-plant spraying systems (emergence of first weed prior to planting).
- Roundup has unrivalled efficacy, even on the toughest weeds and in weather conditions where inferior formulations fail to perform.
- Its low spray volume (70-100 per ha) results in increased hectares sprayed with increased concentration of active ingredients, time-saving and more productive utilization of labour and equipment.
Active Ingredient in Roundup:
Roundup herbicide contains 360g glyphosate acid/L (in the form of 360g/L Glyphosate – Isopropylamine salt) in water-based concentrate. Reduced dosage is needed due to higher concentration, thus less chance of weed resistance
- Roundup herbicide has faster uptake in plants.
- Highest levels of long-term weed control.
- Greater consistency in a wider range of weather conditions.
- Powerful formulation with 25% more glyphosate per litre.
- Less packaging, handling, and waste than other herbicide formulations.
- Symptoms develop more quickly allowing cultivation intervals to be reduced.
- Roundup is compatible with a wide range of other products.
Directions for use:
The application is based on a low volume-low pressure principle which results in a reduced risk of non-target crop injury on contact with the herbicide.
After tilling, early weeds are allowed to emerge, then Roundup is sprayed at the recommended dosage rate after the emergence of the first weed. Crops can be planted 24 hours after spraying (active ingredients would have been taken up by the weeds).
- Knapsack spraying: 1000sq m per 20L.
- Ground spraying equipment: 70-150L spray solution per ha at low pressure.
- Roundup herbicide is a non-selective weedkiller. This provides benefits to growers in the form of reduced storage and packaging waste.
- It controls annual and perennial grasses, sedges and most broad-leaved weeds.
- It has wide potential use for total weed control in agriculture including horticulture, forestry, viticulture, aquatic and non-crop areas.
We deliver nationwide.
- Spray Roundup herbicide on target weeds
- Not to be sprayed in windy conditions (above 15km/hr).
- Do not allow spray mist to drift unto desirable vegetation.
- Use slightly alkaline water with buffer (ammonium sulfate) to dissolve.
- Spray actively growing weeds before planting (increases absorption at a lower rate).