Sugar King F1
Sugar King is a tropical hybrid sweet corn that has strong plant vigour and a strong root system, making it tolerant to lodging.
- The corn ears are yellow, big in size, and with good tip filling.
- Sugar King F1 hybrid is a well-performing hybrid developed for tropical conditions. It has strong plant vigour, good eating quality, and high yield.
- Ears are uniform in size with excellent husk cover and fully filled until the tip. Kernels are straight in a row, yellow, sweet, and tender.
Sugar King F1: Product characteristics
- Variety name: Sugar King F1
- Origin: Thailand.
- Variety features: Large cob, very sweet in taste, and good shelf life.
- Sweetness: Brix-13 (Brix is a measurement of sweetness).
- Colour: Yellow.
- Early maturity: 71 to 73 days.
- Length(cm): 20 to 21.
Health Benefits of corn
- The high amount of fibre present in corn helps lower cholesterol levels and also reduces the risk of colon cancer.
- Corn, if consumed in moderate quantities, has been seen to be beneficial for those suffering from diabetes.
- Being rich in folate, corn helps the generation of new cells, especially important before and during pregnancy.
- Those suffering from anaemia have shown positive effects after consuming corn.
- The pantothenic acid present in corn helps the physiological functions of the body.
- Owing to the presence of thiamin, corn has been said to help in the metabolism of carbohydrates.
- Corn has been found to be helpful in treating kidney problems, including renal dysfunction.
- Regular consumption of corn, in moderate quantities, has been associated with better cardiovascular health.
- The beta-cryptoxanthin in corn makes it good for the health of the lungs cryptoxanthin and may even help prevent lung cancer.
- The insoluble fibre in corn makes it good for those suffering from common digestive ailments, like constipation and haemorrhoids.
There are no reviews yet.