Hydrated lime is a white powder produced when quick lime is mixed with water and then processed. It can otherwise be known as slaked lime or milk of lime.
• Hydrated lime is a processed product of quick lime and water.
• It is colourless.
• It is poorly soluble in water.
• It is not toxic.
• It is a major source of calcium for plants, and it also functions as an insecticide.
• Its molar mass is 74. 093 g/mil.
• Hydrated Lime is used as an insect repellent.
• It is used as a disinfectant to avoid the growth of bacteria.
• It can also be used in conditioning the soil.
• It helps in increasing the pH of acidic soil by reducing the acidity and enhancing the alkalinity of the soil.
• It improves water absorption in acidic soils.
• It is used to extract raw juice from sugar beets or sugar cane in the sugar industry.
• It is used to extract the cellulose hull of maize kernels.
• It is used to fortify fruit drinks against infestation from external agents.
• It is used to process water for alcoholic beverages and soft drinks.
• It is used as a substitute for baking soda in preparing papadam( an Indian meal).
Hydrated lime is important in food and agricultural industries for a variety of purposes like conditioning the soil, acting as an insecticide, disinfectant, and the preservation of food. It can perform all these functions due to its mild quality as a chemical compound. It yields low or no harmful results at all, and this boosts agricultural produce.
Hundreds of these products are available for sale and immediate delivery. Order/Purchase in large quantities attracts discount.
Send in your order now!