- This Gas Brooder with Infrared Functions is used to heat the environment of younger birds from days 1 – 10, it blows red flame. We have the 1000 chicks capacity brooder and also the 2000 chicks capacity brooder.
Brooding involves rearing baby chicks as newly hatched chicks do not fully develop the thermo-regulatory mechanism and homeostasis. You would need gas brooders for this crucial stage and our gas brooders are perfect for the job.
- Thus, it is often difficult to maintain the body temperature properly for the first few weeks of life-as birds might be subjected to chilling if not properly introduced to a regulated heat source.
- Brooding can be classified into natural and artificial brooding:
- Natural brooding: Involves the help of broody hens after hatching, up to 3 to 4 weeks of age.
- Artificial brooding: A large number of chicks can be reared in the absence of broody hens.
- Equipment used for artificial brooding is called brooders. These are composed of three elements:
- A heating source (electrical, gases like natural gas, methane, liquid fuel like kerosene, solid fuel like coal, wood can be used as a heating material).
- Reflectors (concentrates the heat emanating from the heating source).
- Brooder guard.
Precautions while using a Gas Brooder with Infrared Functions
- Check the brooder for proper temperature 24 hours prior to the arrival of chicks.
- This brooder does not come with a thermostat, thus it works via manual adjustment of the gas-flow/know and height level to control heat intensity. Kindly click here to buy the digital temperature and humidity meter which can be adapted as well.
- Switch on the brooder heating source several hours before the arrival of the chicks in order to maintain the required brooding temperature.
- Watch the reaction of the chicks to the heating source in order to find out if the temperature provided is appropriate.
- Thus, the heat intensity can be adjusted by reducing the power of the bulb or raising the heating element higher for the birds.
- In case of too low temperature, there needs to be a supplement to the heating source. Also, the heating source can be further lowered to the ground.