New Hope broiler finisher
New Hope finisher feed is recommended after the consumption of starter feeds till the point of disposal or slaughter of the broiler birds.
- Finisher feeds are designed at a very high energy level with well-balanced protein, energy ratio (to grow faster), and maximum weight gain with the lowest feed conversion ratio (FCR).
- Essentially, finisher feed supports growth and weight maintenance without bombarding them with unnecessary vitamins and minerals.
- The estimated feed intake per bird is 1.5kg from the 5th week to the sell point.
- The feeds are presented in the pelleted form and are packaged in 25kg bags.
Attributes of New Hope Finisher Feed
- The broiler finisher feed is indicated for maximizing performance and weight gain at the lowest possible production cost.
- Fed from the fifth week till slaughter.
- This feed category accounts for the major cost of feeding and involves a change in feed density (increase in energy & decrease in other nutrients).
- Made from highly digestible ingredients.
- Good uniformity of particle size is essential because birds at this stage prefer bigger particles.
- This product comes in professional and commercial rations. Professional ration typically has higher nutritional content than commercial ration, although the commercial ration works very finely too.
- In open-sided broiler houses, the commonly recommended lighting schedule is 24hours light during the brooding period, followed by 23hours of light and one-hour of darkness per day, until slaughter or marketing.
- The one hour of darkness is to train the birds to acclimatize for darkness, in case of power failure, which may cause panic and trampling.
- To promote muscle development and increase in pectoral muscles by 5 to 8%
- To enhance disease resistance and for transportation stress reduction.
- Using this feed, the broiler grows faster.
- Most of the broilers that consume this feed are of sound health and high-quality.