New Hope Pre-Layer Mash
The New Hope pre-layer mash assists in the development of calcium metabolism within the hens and helps control the reduced daily feed intake normally associated with early production.
- The feed when correctly used can also enhance the uniformity of the pullet flock.
- It is typically fed from the 16th till the time the egg production reaches a consistent 5% weekly production.
- Using this product, the estimated feed intake per bird is 1.65kg and the obtainable bodyweight is 1.5kg.
- They are presented in mash form and packed in 25kg bags.
New Hope Pre-Layer Mash: Product advantages
- It is needed for the development of the reproductive system of the pre-layer birds.
- It improves the skeletal strength and bone marrow quality of the pre-lay birds.
- It also promotes calcium absorption and storage at an early phase.
- Using this product, the bodyweight of the birds increase significantly.
Unlike feeds for ruminants, poultry diets are usually complete feeds and supply the total daily requirements apart from water. These feed help to maximize production whether it be for eggs, meat or rearing replacements. Essentially, broiler varieties of chicken feed are denser in protein, which encourages the flock to grow bigger, faster.
This is a loose and unprocessed version of chicken feed. Similar to the texture of potting soil, the mash is the finest variety of chicken feed commonly available. Mash is normally used for chicks, as it is easy to digest, however it is not uncommon for fully mature birds to be fed mash.