AMO Broiler Chicks
The AMO Broiler chicks are characterized by a lower feed conversion rate, impressive growth rate and an ability to thrive on low density, less costly nutrition. These attributes combine to give the AMO Broiler chicks the competitive advantage of the lowest cost per kilogram or pound of live weight produced for the growing customer base worldwide.
Attributes of the AMO Broiler chicks
- Lowest cost of live weight produced
- Superior performance on lower-cost feed rations
- A feed efficient breed with an excellent growth rate
- Best broiler uniformity for processing
- Competitive breed
- The AMO Broiler chicks are bred to produce chicken efficiently through consistent parent performance, excellent broiler performance, and good processing yield.
- Thus, In markets where broilers are still mostly sold whole, their breast conformation and growth is sure to attract the consumers’ attention.
This breed has been steadily improved through established breed selection processes involving traditional and novel scientific technology. This ensures consistency and value is added to the end products.
Additional tips for raising AMO Broiler chicks
- Preheat the sheds three days before placement, so that when the chicks arrive the concrete and bedding will be warm enough (as the chick’s body will be in contact with the floor, thus failure to have adequate floor temperatures will mean the chicks are likely to huddle especially if the heat source is not enough).
- Bedding: Wood shavings are ideal. Therefore ensure there are no pieces of foreign materials (glass or metal) and ensure bedding material is dry.
- Always monitor your birds closely to ensure a good spread of chicks and flock activity.
- Strictly adhere to the vaccination and medication schedule sent to your email after purchase.
- Involve the services of qualified veterinary personnel as well, for the routine farm visits, vaccinations, prophylactic treatment etc.