Hyla rabbits are genetically modified broiler rabbits bred to have fast growth and reach a table size within 3 months (2kg).
- They are pure white in colour, with pink eyes.
- Common Hyla breeds in Nigeria are hybrid cross products between Hyla max and Hyla Ng breeds.
- Hylas, once fully grown, can have a plump and company body type. This breed also has erect ears which should not exceed five inches in length.
- Should your rabbit’s fur become stained, never give them a bath, instead spot-clean the area with a damp cloth.
- Grooming should be done bi-weekly during off-moulting seasons and weekly when their moults are in full swing.
- These rabbits are sold in a colony of 5 (five), containing 3 females and 2 males.
Care requirements for Hyla rabbits
Indoor enclosures need to be large enough for your rabbit to comfortably stretch out to its full length, plus have room leftover. These enclosures need to be made of wire and should have a solid bottom made of either metal or plastic in order for bedding to be placed. Their bedding needs to be spot-cleaned for cleanliness every day and completely replaced at the end of every week.
- Standard rabbits are susceptible to problems such as overgrown teeth, flystrike, and ear mites. Rabbit owners need to check their rabbit’s ears every 2-3 weeks for mites.
- Common rabbit food includes maize bran, groundnuts, millets or wheat, and alfalfa (all properly mixed together). In addition, you can purchase the already formulated Bella Rabbit Feed for mature and weaner rabbits.
There are no reviews yet.