We sell Piper Dewormer which is an anthelmintic for use in drinking water or feed.
- It contains piperazine dihydrochloride which is a hygroscopic, alkaline chemical that is very soluble in water.
- Piperazine is a selective agonist of gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) receptors, resulting in the opening of chloride channels and hyperpolarisation of the membrane of the muscle cells of the nematode parasite.
- This hyperpolarisation causes nerve membranes to block at the neuromuscular junction, causing paralysis to the nematodes which are then excreted with the feces.
Cattle, horse, pig, sheep, and goat.
Contains per g: Piperazine dihydrochloride (1,000mg).
Indications for Piper Dewormer
Piper Dewormer wsp is a narrow-spectrum anthelmintic against infestations with roundworms (Nematodes) in poultry, cattle, horses, and pigs.
- Note that it has no effect on lungworms and on larval stages of Ascaris worms.
Poultry: Ascaridia spp.
Cattle: Ostertagia, Haemonchus, Trichostrongylus, and Oesophagostomum spp.
Horses: Parascaris equorum.
Pigs: Ascaris suum and Oesophagostomum spp.
- Do not administer to animals with a severely impaired liver or kidney function.
- Do not administer to animals hypersensitive to piperazine.
- Do not combine with organic phosphorous compounds like pyrantel and morantel.
Side effects of Piper Dewormer
Overdosing may cause unrest, ataxia, tremors, apathy, and paralysis.
Dosage and administration
For oral administration via feed or drinking water.
|Age in weeks||g of Piper Dewormer wsp in 1,000 liters drinking water|
|1 – 2||195g daily for 2 days|
|3 – 4||270g daily for 2 days|
|5 – 6||360g daily for 2 days|
This is equivalent to 32mg piperazine per kg bodyweight.
760g the product in 1,000 liters drinking water, daily for 2 days. This dosage is based on layers with a bodyweight of 2.5kg and a water uptake of 210ml per animal per day. This is equivalent to 32mg piperazine per kg bodyweight
Cattle, horses, pigs
2.2g Piper Dewormer wsp per 10kg bodyweight, equivalent to 110mg of piperazine base per kg bodyweight.
- Anthelmintic activity is directly related to the proportion of free base, which is in piperazine dihydrochloride 50%.
- Mixed with feed, the product should be used immediately.
- Medicated drinking water should be used within 24 hours.
- Treatment can be repeated within 30 – 45 days.
Meat: 3 days
Eggs: 2 days
Not authorized for use in animals producing milk for human consumption.
There are no reviews yet.