Taf 25% contains Thiamphenicol which is an antimicrobial formulation intended for the treatment of infectious diseases in cattle, pigs, and poultry.
It is the methyl-sulfonyl analog of chloramphenicol and has a similar spectrum of activity, but is 2.5 to 5 times as potent. Its main advantage over chloramphenicol is that it has never been associated with aplastic anemia. Taf 25% has some additional advantages such as the broad-based spectrum of activity, non-toxicity with cost-effectiveness when compared with other products.
Spectrum of activity
- Respiratory and intestinal tract infections
- Chronic respiratory diseases
- Fowl Coryza
- Fowl cholera
- Rickettsiae spp, Chlamydia spp, Mycoplasma spp, Pasteurella spp, Salmonella spp, Ornithobacterium soo, Clostridium perfringens, E. coli spp, Haemophilus paragallinarum spp
- Excipients…..q.b. to 1.00ml
Dosage and administration
- Presentation: Oral solution in drinking water
- Animal species; poultry
- Route of administration; oral
- Dosage; 80-125ml Medicates 100 litres of water