Composition of PPS Vacc-shield
- Contains highly water soluble ingredients to neutralize the chlorine/iodine present in water and increases the viability of the vaccine.
- Contains unique water soluble food grade dye which temporary stains the beak, tongue and feather of birds to help evaluate the number of birds that have consumed water. This helps in evaluating the correctness of the vaccination procedure
- Contains a unique component which binds the heavy metal ions and free radicals present in the water thereby increasing the efficacy for live vaccines.
- Contains special ingredients which stabilizes the pH of water between biological pH and thus counteracts the influence of detrimental pH values on the vaccine virus.
Dosage and Application
- According to the number of birds, age of the birds and season, this helps determine the water required for vaccination.
- Add an appropriate quantity of ice to maintain temperature throughout the vaccination period
- Add 30gms of the Vacc-Shield in 100 liters of water and stir properly
- Wait for 10 minutes thereafter
- Follow all the recommendations of the vaccine manufacturer
- Add the vaccine to water and mix well
- Start the vaccination
Critical factors to consider for successful flocks immunization through drinking water vaccination
- Birds should be made moderately thirsty
- Monitor the daily water consumption for 3-4 days before vaccination. 30% of the daily water composition should be generally offered as vaccine solution
- Preferably, birds should be vaccinated soon after sunrise
- Vaccines must be administered in accordance with vaccine manufacturers direction for maximum results
- All vaccines should be shipped and stored according to the manufacturer’s directions
- Use the vaccines immediately they are reconstituted
- Keep accurate records of vaccinations