This smoking kiln takes 500kg of fish per batch, it can be charcoal or gas-powered. Most smoking kilns used for smoke drying are very simple in design and construction. This product we’re offering for sale is properly structured to meet the increasing demand for quality dried and smoked products,
Features of Gas Smoking kiln
- Optimized conditions of product conservation and operating efficiency, with really good performance levels as to dehumidification.
- A smoking system that combines “traditional aromas” with industrial performance.
- A machine that is easy to clean and service.
- Precise, simple use that helps you to upgrade the production processes
- Fully suited to quality production of fragile products.
Preservation and storage of smoked fish
Smoking is the oldest method of flavouring and preserving fish and is o widespread application all over Nigeria and Africa. Fishes from smoking kilns are eaten immediately after extraction or they are carefully kept edible over a long period of time.
The packaging and storage principles applied for salt/dried fish also apply to smoked However, in the case of smoked fish, re-drying can be carried out if the product absorbs moisture during storage. This can be carried out either by lighting small fires under the storage unit shelves or by re-use of the kiln.