African Walnut (Tetracarpidium Conophorum), popularly known as Asala is consumed for its nuts white in colour coated in a hard black shell. It originated in the tropical West African nations of Sierra Leone, Angola and Nigeria. It has seeds rich in fat and Omega-3 fatty acid and is natured into African Walnut seedlings in well-drained soil of pH 6.5- 8.
The bark and leaves are used to make medicine to ease dysentery. African Walnut tree grows with a high canopy which can serve as a windbreak and also serve as cover to young plants. The African Walnut is a Woody perennial climber and has a high canopy.
African Walnut Seedlings: Plant Information
African Walnut has immense health benefits and below are some of the many:
- African Walnut helps in achieving weight loss as they are high in calories and help to shed off excess body weight.
- It is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids which regulate hormone levels and manage cramps.
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) gives the good cognitive ability
- Vitamin B7 (Biotin) and vitamin E helps the body reduce free radicals that can cause cancer and other diseases. Vitamin B7 is also good for brain growth.
- African Walnut contains compounds like Flavonol, Morin, Quinone which lowers the risk of heart diseases.
- Polyphenol Ellagitannins in Walnut protects the body against Colorectal Cancer.
- African Walnut is good for pregnant women as Omega-3 fatty acids help to improve the baby’s cognitive development.
- It is also good for adult makes as it boosts sperm production and increases fertility.
There are no reviews yet.