Jute Vegetable Seeds
Jute vegetable seeds produce ewedu plants that grow tall and could reach a height of 2-4m, they can be either unbranched or with only a few side branches.
- The leaves are alternate, simple, lanceolate, 5-15cm long, with an acuminate tip and a finely serrated or lobed margin, while the flowers are small (2-3cm diameter) and yellow, with five petals.
- The fruit is a capsule that has many seeds and can be grown throughout the year.
- Will Germinate in 2 to 3 days when the temperature is above 65 Degrees Fahrenheit/18.3 Degrees Celsius
- Guaranteed to germinate and produce an edible crop within 30 Days
- Blooms in the East Coast in July when the average temperature is above 65 degrees
- Start sowing seeds outdoors in May, if you do not have a greenhouse.
- Ready for harvest in June, July, August, and September)
- Grows well when the temperature stays above 65 Degree
- Please note: This is a Tropical Plant, it needs sunlight and constant High temperature, ideal growth period is when the temperature is above 65 degrees will facilitate rapid growth.
Cultivation of Jute vegetable seeds
- Corchorus olitorius (Ewedu) prefers very fertile soil and a hot humid climate; it can tolerate very wet conditions but not waterlogged soil. It can tolerate annual precipitation between 40 and 429m, an annual average temperature range of 16ºc to 25ºc, and a pH in the range of 4.5 to 8.2.
- Corchorus olitorius can be grown annually.