Kilele F1 is a determinate hybrid of tomato with an excellent sweet taste. This variety is known for the high production of oval-shaped and very firm fruits.
- In addition, it is ideal for all domestic African markets where elongated fruits are requested.
Kilele F1: Features
- Nursery period: 3-4 weeks.
- Earliness: Medium early.
- Maturity: 75 days after transplanting.
- Plant: Determinate, very vigorous, good cover, and high yielding.
- Production/Yield: 30-35 tons/acre under good agricultural practices.
- Fruit: Very firm elongated, non-green back, smooth and firm oval fruits with an average fruit weight of 120-130gm.
- Shape: Oval.
- Shelf life: Over 21 days.
- Disease tolerance:
Tomato Yellow Leaf Curl Virus (TYLCV)
- Tomato Mosaic Virus (ToMV): 0-2
- Verticillium & Fusarium Wilt (race 1 and 2)
- Nematodes (Meloidogyne incognita/++)
- 10,000 seeds per Acre
Nutritional facts of tomatoes
The water content of tomatoes is about 95%, with the other 5% being mainly carbohydrates and fiber.
- Tomatoes are also good sources of vitamins and minerals such as vitamin C, potassium, vitamin K, vitamin B9 (folate), etc.
- Including tomatoes in diet can help prevent cancer, maintain healthy blood pressure and reduce blood glucose level in people with diabetes
- Furthermore, they contain key carotenoids like lutein and lycopene. These can protect the eye against light-induced damage