Basanti F1 produces erect plants with very good vigour and a good branching tendency.
- The leaf type is rather narrow which attracts fewer leafhoppers.
- The ideal harvesting stage for best eating quality is when pods reach a length of 15-17cm
- The pods are slender and the colour is dark green.
- The offered product is an early hybrid with good maturity.
Basanti F1: Product characteristics
- Harvesting: 48-52 days
- Plant vigour: Strong
- Shape: Slender
- Colour: Dark-green
- Length: 15-17 cm
- Diameter: 1.7-1.9 cm
Nutritional Benefits of Okra
- It has been proven that okra possesses potent antioxidant properties which can help in the management of diabetes.
- The fibre content of okra can help to improve digestion. It may also help prevent constipation.
- It helps reduce fatigue and improve the metabolic capacity of the body.
- Low cholesterol levels of okra will decrease the likelihood of heart diseases and atherosclerosis.
- Okra consumption has an anti-stress effect.
Care and watering
- Despite its reputation as a plant that will survive dry conditions, okra is hardier and produces more pods with adequate watering. An inch of water a week is optimum.
- Note that plants that grow on little water will produce tough pods and may be prone to afternoon wilt.
- Foliar fertilizer sprays are particularly effective. Liquid seaweed sprays can be applied two or three times during the season.
- Okra is also sensitive to weeds. Keep your patch well-weeded, especially when plants are young.
There are no reviews yet.