The fruit from the mature bell apple seedling is very beneficial. It is highly nutritious and differs from its imported counterparts in taste and shape.
Features of Bell apple seedling
- The planting season is between September and April.
- It has a mixed sour-sweet shape. As the fruit gets ripe the intensity of the sweetness increases.
- 160 seedlings per acre can be planted at 5m by 5m spacing
- the Bell Apple seedling requires water frequently.
- leaf blade elliptic or obovate-elliptic, apex shortly acuminate, base cuneate, glabrous; oil dots small, visible with a lens; two intramarginal veins present; stem 4-winged.
- Bell apple thrives in well-aerated, loamy soil with pH 5.5 – 6.5.
- Seed germination time is 27 to 37 days.
- The bell apple should be consumed or preserved within three days of harvest. It can last for a couple of weeks if refrigerated.
- Improves Metabolism.
- Prevents Constipation.
- Heals Muscle Cramps.
- Hydrates The Body.
- Apples lower cholesterol and help to fight heart disease
- Bolsters Immune Function.
- Reduced Risk Of Stroke.
- Boosts Good HDL Cholesterol.
- Fights Free Radical Damage: Water apple is rich in Vitamin C and other phenolic compounds called flavonoids. …