We offer Ultimax Plus which is a systemic agricultural fungicide used mainly to control the black pod disease (Phytophthora sp.) on cocoa. The product is a multi-purpose, protective, contact and residual fungicide for effective disease control and protection of field crops, fruits, vegetables, banana, pineapple, grapes, tobacco, and especially important for use in cocoa.
- The offered product is effective against diseases such as black pod, black spot, leaf spot, damping off, downy mildew, rust, blight, and anthracnose.
- In addition to the excellent fungicidal effect of our premium product, it can also be bactericidal.
- The active ingredient in Ultimax Plus is metalaxyl-12% plus copper (1) oxide 60% WP.
A fungicide is an agent that destroys or inhibits the growth of fungi.
Science has proven beyond doubt that plants and animals are living things. It is also a fact that plants have disease pathogens, as animals do. Diseases of plants are either caused by bacteria, viruses, fungi, nematodes, etc. It has also been shown that although plant diseases are caused by numerous kinds of pathogens, most of them are caused by fungal infections. Consequently, one of the most available and most effective ways of controlling plant diseases is by using appropriate fungicides.
To farmers, fungal infections on crops especially vegetables like tomato, cucumbers, pepper, etc. can be very devastating and there is a need to eradicate them effectively. Fungicides can be of many kinds and they are listed below:
- Category A: These set contains mainly of mancozeb and/or metalaxyl as active ingredients. They are mainly used in controlling diseases like early blight, powdery mildew, etc.
- Category B: These are very sensitive fungicides as they control serious bacteria and fungal diseases. They are made of copper oxide which can be present in different proportions. They are applied at a very early stage of plants. They control late blight, bacterial wilt, etc.
- Category C: They are usually the most expensive and most efficient. They control very serious fungal, viral, and bacterial diseases. They can also work for diseases listed in categories A and B. They help in the control of special diseases like anthracnose, septoria leaf spot, fusarium wilt, etc.
Precautions when using Ultimax Plus!!!
- Application and timing are important to maximize the effectiveness of fungicides. Adhere strictly to the label and comply with the appropriate timing and application method.
- Numerous pesticides are registered for use by crop farmers and it should be noted that a fungicide cannot be legally used for any purpose other than the purpose shown on the approved label.
- Specific safety precautions should also be taken particularly when transporting, mixing, and applying fungicides.