Kale Vates Blue (Scotch Curled Organic)
Kale 1000 Headed is a treated seed variety manufactured by WellGrow seeds and it is a trusted variety renowned for its winter hardiness.
- It combines a clear stem with leafy top growth, making the plant distinctively better than the common ones on market.
- This product is particularly ideal where second-year crops are required.
- It is a form of cabbage that does not have the tightly formed head associated with most cabbages.
Kale Vates Blue (Scotch Curled Organic): Seed rates
Features/characteristics of Kale Vates Blue (Scotch Curled Organic)
- A tall long picking period succulent kale.
- Vigorous plants with many side branches
- Very leafy product with continuous picking
- Maturity 60 days from planting
- Indeterminate, very hardy product with the ability to recover easily
- Yield potential 8 tonnes per acre
- Very good heat tolerance
- Light green coloured leaf
How To Grow Kale Vates Blue (Scotch Curled Organic)
Sowing: Since kale thrives in cool weather and sweetens with frost, Dwarf Blue Curled Scotch kale seeds grows best as a fall crop. For an earlier crop in areas with a cool summer, sow the seeds in early spring; plant three seeds in a cluster, 1/2″ deep and 16-18″ apart in rows 2-3′ apart.
Planting Kale Vates Blue (Scotch Curled Organic)
- It is easy to grow either through direct planting in the garden soil or indoor planting.
- The plant is commonly planted from nursery starts.
- It grows well in raised garden beds and containers, especially if you’re short on garden space.
- It can be grown as a cut-and-grow-again vegetable, meaning you harvest what you need while the plant continues to grow.
- This means you will need only a few kale plants, depending on how often and how much you’d like to harvest.
- Because this plant is grown for its leaves and not its flowers, it can handle full sun or part shade.