Mekong F1 is a rare variety of sweet pepper that is very suitable for tropical conditions. This variety has an intermediate susceptibility to bacterial spots.
Mekong F1: Features
- The variety has a solid growth with very good fruit set/collection.
- The fruit has an appealing dark green colour and is square in form.
- The fruits have a firm and dense wall.
- The seeds are uniform.
- You can harvest 60 – 70 days after sowing.
- It is immune to bacterial spots and some adverse environmental conditions.
Health benefits of sweet pepper
- Health effects of sweet pepper include cancer treatment, anaemia, asthma etc.
- It aids bone structure recovery and also improves one’s digestive health.
- It keeps the skin tight, avoids muscle cramps, and decreases restless leg syndrome.
- The seed is known to be an anti-haemorrhoidal, diaphoretic, digestive and antirheumatic.
- Externally, it is used as a cure for sprains, and other forms of injury.
- It is filled with vitamins and low in calories. It is a very good source of vitamin A, vitamin C and potassium.
- The Mekong F1 sweet pepper also contains a good dose of fibre, folate and iron. In addition to being full of nutrients, it provides a satisfying, low-calorie meal.
- Daily intake of sweet pepper is advised in order to resolve all these disorders and to live a healthier life.