Beekeeping is quite fascinating and bees are surprisingly friendly to humans with the exception of when you invade their territory during honey harvesting. Therefore, without sting proof bee suits, you may never be able to enjoy harvesting your honey, or being around bees due to the ever painful bee stings, since bee stings are not exciting … at all.
The quality of the various bee suits may differ immensely, thus in a nut-shell, when buying your bee suit, you should ensure it is durable, has good coverage, offers great visibility, is easy to use, has sufficient number of pockets and perhaps most important, provides more and adequate protection against bees.
Beekeeping suits include some or all of the items listed below:
- Veil – This an absolute must for any Beekeeper. These come in various shapes and styles, with or without a hat. The attached round veil keeps the bees on bay. You do not have to worry a minute of the bees stinging on your face.
- Gloves – usually reach over the elbows. With experience, you may wear these less and less.
- Suit – overalls, jacket, etc. that protect against bee stings. Easy to wear and care for and is durable as well.
- The suit is tailor-made for a snag fit. It has elastic ankles, elastic wrists to ensure everything is held comfortably in place.
- The suit is available as a unisex design for both women and men. Its veil is removable and hence makes storage and cleaning very easy.
- The 360° mesh ensures you get an unobstructed view when working on the bees.
There are no reviews yet.