Amprolium 30 is a coccidiostat used for the treatment and prevention of coccidiosis in calves, sheep, goats, chickens (broilers and layers) and other fowl such as turkeys. It competitively inhibits the active transport of thiamine thus causing the coccidia to experience thiamine deficiency.
- Amprolium WSP is used as a preventive or therapeutic agent against Eimeria infections in poultry, in particular E. tenella, necatrix, and acervulin.
- It is decisive against other protozoan infections such as Histomoniasis (Blackhead) in turkeys and poultry; against coccidiosis in cows, sheep, and goats; against amoebiasis in different animals.
- It inhibits the use of thiamine by the protozoal organism.
Composition of Amprolium 30
- Each gram contains Amprolium Hydrochloride 300mg
- For the treatment of coccidiosis caused by Eimera spp (E. tenella, E. necatrix) or gastro intestinal infections for which it is therapeutically or prophylactically indicated to administer amprolium in calves, goats, sheep and poultry.
Our Amprolium WSP is suitable for
- Livestock and chicken
Amprolium 30: Side effects
- Long-term treatment with high doses can result in delayed growth or polyneuritis (due to reversible thiamine deficiency).
- The development of natural immunity can be delayed.
- May not mix with other drugs such as antibiotics and feed additives.
Dosage and administration
- Poultry: Mix 100g of Amprolium 30 in 250ltrs of water for 5-7days
- Ruminants: 1g per 30kg bodyweight for 5 days
- Meat: 0 days
- Egg: 0 days
Calves, Goats & Sheep
- Meat: 3days
There are no reviews yet.