Pox cure has as its components antibiotics and vitamins. It is used for the care and prevention of severe and persistent diseases in Poultry Pox. Fowlpox is a common epidemic in poultry triggered by viruses of the Poxviridae family and the Avipoxvirus family. Fowlpox virus is a slow-spread infectious disease that induces skin lesions or wet pox. The prevalence of the disease differs depending on the environment, administration, sanitation and the usage of vaccines regularly.
How to prevent and control fowlpox using pox cure
- Apply the drug on the infected birds.
- An early-stage vaccine is strongly advised since it protects the individual from being contaminated with the disease.
- It is also essential to monitor mosquitoes in the areas where birds are housed.
Treatment using pox cure
If your bird is restless and not eating as much food as normal, it is worth giving them pox cure. Birds may find it very painful to eat but may find it less painful to drink; therefore supplements in their water will be of benefit.
- Ampicillin Trihydrate 20%
- Vitamin C 20mg
- Penicillin 20%
- Vitamin k 15mg
The formulation is used to manage and avoid acute and persistent diseases of pox in poultry.
Instructions to note:
- It is for veterinary use only
- Keep below 25C
- Store in a dry cool place Keep below 25C