Merdan F1 is a fast and robust growing hybrid that produces high-quality eggplant fruits. Plant habit is semi-erect and vigorous. The fruits are uniform, quality fruit shape with good colour, black-purple with very shiny skin. This variety is very prolific in tropical areas.
Features of Merdan F1
- Maturity: 70 – 75 days
- Days Weight: 190 – 240gram
- Length: 12 – 14cm
- Diameter: 9 – 10cm
Tips for planting Eggplants
- Like tomatoes and peppers, eggplants should be staked for optimum growth and yield. Staking keeps the eggplant fruit from touching the ground, which reduces disease and improves fruit shape, particularly on elongated fruit. Staking also makes harvesting easier.
Benefits of Eggplants
- Eggplants are packed with nutrients. They contain a good amount of vitamins, minerals, and fibre in a few calories. This can reduce your carb and calorie intake, increasing the fibre and nutrient content of your meal.
- In addition to containing a variety of vitamins and minerals, eggplants boast a high number of antioxidants.
- Eggplant is incredibly versatile and can be easily incorporated into your diet. It can be baked, roasted, grilled, or sautéed and enjoyed with a drizzle of olive oil and a quick dash of seasoning.
- It can also be used as a low-calorie replacement for many high-calorie ingredients.
- Eggplants also improve health – they can help in digestion, improve heart health, prevent cancer and diabetes, improve bone health, prevent anaemia, increases brain function, etc.