African Giant Snails and Snail Farming is a complete, upgraded combination of African Giant Snails and Snail Farming 1 & 2 books.
Readers will find quality information on:
- Modern snail farming,
- Housing i.e. snailery designing (including ornamental snailery)
- Feeding and feed combinations for snails
- Handling, hygiene, and health management for snails (plus OAK Snail Health Management Chart)
- Processing, packaging, and marketing of snails
- And much more
The book concludes with an updated feasibility report that will guide you in writing a business plan or planning your snail business.
It is the fifth title on snail farming and the 9th text in the series of OAK Ventures series.
This book aims to encourage global farming of land snails (especially African giant snails) for domestic and commercial purposes; to project snails’ usefulness in the social, economic, and health care sectors, and encourage more research works on the production.
Other Things to Expect in the Book
The classical approaches to production strategies, product processing, and marketing are discussed within the text. Also highlighted are possible solutions to some often encountered challenges in the practice.
Snail production is encouraged as a means to wealth creation via the sales of its soft meat and products/by-products, and to promote the general welfare of the populace using the flagged nutrient and medicinal values. Farming is suggested for each household because it requires less space, does not constitute any significant environmental nuisance(noise- and odor-wise), is less laborious, and is not time-consuming.
Furthermore, the animal is highly-priced (were eaten) and harmless, unlike other conventional meat animals. Farming is thus recommended for all, even the less privileged.
We now have this book in Hardcopy, make purchases today.
The books (volumes 1&2) are written to enrich your understanding of the subject matter and principles of farming edible (giant) land snails economically, taking advantage of the flagged socio-medico-economic values displayed by these wonderful creatures.
Volume 1 deals more with the biology and farming techniques, while volume 2 basically highlights the techniques involved in managing and marketing farmed snails. Issues such as managing peculiar farming challenges; socio-economic importance of farmed snails; processing, packaging, and marketing modalities, and mini-financial plan on farming snails are dealt with in volume 2.
- PDF: 309 pages
- Language: English
- Edition: Third edition, 2016
- T . O . A k i n t o m i d e (Veterinarian), OAK Ventures, Ibadan, Oyo State. He has first & Master’s degrees in Veterinary Medicine at, University of Ibadan. His area of specialty is fish & snail production & health management.
- S . O . O j o (Wildlife & Eco-Tourist), Department of Wildlife and Eco-Tourism, University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Oyo State.
- O . A . O y e d e l e (Agric. Engineer), Department of Agricultural and Bio-Environmental Engineering, School of Engineering, The Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State
About Payment & Receiving this eBook
The first step is to add this item to your cart with the “Add to cart” button above. Next, click “Proceed to Checkout”.
Enter the required information and select “Bank Transfer or Bank Deposit” OR “Debit/Credit Cards” accordingly. Also, select “I’ve read and accept the terms & conditions”
Lastly, click “Place Order”.
If you use Debit/Credit cards, you can immediately download your eBook; but if you used Bank Transfer or bank deposit, send your payment details and email address to +2348053928069 to receive your eBook.
The eBook is easy to read. It is in PDF and is downloadable from your email inbox. You can read it on your computer or iPad or phone. You can also print it out to read.
Lukman Tijani (verified owner) –