The Organic Garden
Written by Allon Shepherd, The Organic Garden – Green and Easy is a detailed guide for organic farming and food production.
- With this book, users have a guide on how to plant and which inputs to add to improve farm production in an organic way.
- This book reveals why the popular new areas of green living and organic farming are relevant to ordinary gardener.
- It demonstrates simple, achievable ways of using these ideas to transform a garden.
- Topics covered include the essentials of organic practice, gardening for wildlife and ornament, gardening for food, exploring alternatives for outdoor living, gardening beyond the garden—conservation volunteering and community gardening, and climate change and today’s gardener.
- If you want to be successful in organic farming, you really should consider buying this book.
Why organic farming?
- To accrue the benefits of nutrients: Foods from organic farms are loaded with nutrients such as vitamins, enzymes, minerals and other micro-nutrients compared to those from conventional farms. This makes organic farming an acceptable and important alternative.
- It helps you stay away from GMOs: Genetically modified foods (GMOs) are contaminating natural foods sources at real scary pace, manifesting grave effects beyond our comprehension. Sticking to organic foods sourced from veritable sources is one of the important ways of mitigating the grave effects of GMOs and keeping off them.
- Organic products are natural and have better taste: Those that have tasted organically farmed foods would attest to the fact that they have a natural and better taste. This is because they are well balanced and nourished come from soil. Organic farmers always prioritize quality over quantity.
- It helps prevent agrochemical transfer to humans: Chemicals applied on plants are sometimes directly transferred to the consumers. This poses significant risks associated with conventional farming practice but organic farming has helped overcome this problem. Because they are grown without chemical treatments, organic products are safer alternatives in the food supply chain.
There are no reviews yet.