Livestock Disease Management
Every farmer needs to have a full grasp of the knowledge of disease management in this world where livestock illnesses are flying around. Our webinar on livestock disease management gives the participants a workable and practical guide of the proper steps to take in order to keep their farms and animals disease-free.
- Following well-crafted study modules, this training will touch on specific topics and hands-on practicality on livestock disease management.
- Our facilitator is certified and renowned personnel in the field, the webinar promises to be impactful.
- Afrimash will sponsor the first 10 participants to register
- Module 1: Causes of diseases in livestock farming (unit 1-2)
This module explores the nature of infectious diseases, as well as the triad involved in disease establishment on the farm. It also covers other extraneous factors that can lead to disease progression and persistence. Unit 2 focuses on practical sessions involving an in-depth examination of some important infectious (bacterial and viral) and non-infectious diseases of poultry, pigs, small and large ruminants chosen on the basis of their national occurrence and economic importance.
- Module 2: Disease identification (unit 3)
This module details the signs and identification tips for some important and commonly occurring diseases on the farm. Also, it covers several aspects of disease identification and diagnostic options based on physical examination and certain observable signs.
- Module 3: Prevention and control of livestock diseases (unit 4-6)
This module examines the various biosecurity measures involved in the prevention of diseases. Disease reporting and monitoring, outbreak containment, and effective measures to forestall spread to and from neighboring farms. Unit 5 explores several aspects of the principles of disease prevention including early identification, vaccination, management of outbreaks. Unit 6 explores optimum management practices for farm managers and workers while some commonly occurring zoonotic livestock diseases; transmissible from humans to animals (anthroponoses) and from animal to man (zooanthroponosis) are examined as case studies.
- Module 4: Disease management (unit 6-7)
The module examines methods of surveillance, monitoring, and detection of infectious diseases. The module explains contingency planning and the importance of farmer’s collaboration in the control and management of high-threat disease outbreaks. Unit 7 explores the Afrimash subscription package options for our customers and the benefits involved. The necessary steps to take in subscribing, and the product descriptions for some of our products.
- Module 5: Treatment options for livestock disease (unit 8)
This module provides the available treatment options for varieties of livestock diseases and conditions. The recovery process and the importance of veterinary supervision. Examining the effect of the emerging global crisis of antimicrobial resistance (AMRs) and its implications on the livestock industry in Nigeria.
- Date: Monday – Wednesday, 27th – 29th September 2021.
- Venue: WhatsApp platform
- Time: 5pm