The hybrid date palm seedling (Phoenix dactylifera), also commonly known as “hybrid date”, is a flowering plant species in the palm family, Arecaceae, cultivated for its edible sweet fruit.
The hybrid date palm seedlings grow into trees reaching about 21–23 metres (69–75 ft) in height, growing singly or forming a clump with several stems from a single root system. Hybrid date fruits (dates) are oval-cylindrical, 3 to 7 centimetres (1 to 3 in) long, and about 2.5 centimetres (1 in) in diameter, with colour ranging from bright red to bright yellow, depending on the variety. Containing 61–68 per cent sugar by mass when dried, hybrid dates are very sweet and are enjoyed as desserts on their own or within confections.
Hybrid Date Palm Seedlings can take about 4 to 8 years planting before they bear their fruit. They usually require well-drained deep sandy loam soils with a pH of 8-11. A lot of benefits can be gotten from this improved hybrid variety as they are great sources of essential nutrients.
Benefits of Hybrid Date Palm Seedlings
- Dates from the hybrid date palm have an excellent nutrition profile.
- They are high in fibre that can benefit your digestive health by preventing constipation.
- Hybrid Dates provide various antioxidants that have a number of health benefits to offer, including a reduced risk of several diseases.
- They help to promote brain health.
- Hybrid dates have been studied for their potential to promote and ease late-term labour in pregnant women.
- They are excellent natural sweeteners.
- They help in blood sugar control and promote bone health.
- Hybrid Dates are incredibly versatile and make a delicious snack. They are often paired with other foods, such as almonds, nut butter or soft cheese.
Place your order for our Hybrid Date Palm Seedling today. We deliver nationwide.