The Nicholas breed from the Aviagen Company is an exotic turkey breed well suited for the poultry farmers/processing ventures.
- Good practices that prevent disease and promote good health and production, as presented in the management guide/manual will support good animal welfare.
- To safeguard the health of the turkeys and consumers, producers must have a strict biosecurity programme designed to prevent poultry from being exposed to infectious diseases.
- The male domestic turkeys are referred to as Toms/Stags while female domestic turkeys are referred to as hens, and the chicks are known as poults/turkeylings.
- At maturity, they attain good market weights and are great for table consumption (often considered healthier than dark meat because of its lower fat content).
- We have turkey poults (turkey chicks) available every Monday and Thursday.
- Remember to get your turkey house ready with brooder, drinkers, and feeders.
- Keep turkey pens well heated/warmed and fumigated before introduction of new poults.