Caribean Red Habanero
Caribean Red Habanero is a large blocky fruit that starts off with a fresh green colour turning red. The fruit walls are thick and fleshy and the shoulders of the fruit are shallow with a very good calyx attachment.
- The plants carry a high yield and have an average height indoors of 160 cm, but will in outdoor conditions be semi-compact with a good cover against sunscalding.
- If planted in double rows outside with a short staked support, a very high yield over a long picking period can be achieved.
- The resistance against PVY is an added value.
- This product contains 1000 seeds per pack.
Caribean Red Habanero: Features
- Hybrid, pre-packed seeds
- Type of cultivation: Glasshouse, Nethouse, Open field, Plastic house
- Yield (visual) Very high
- Plant vigour: Strong
- Plant continuance Medium | Plant height (+cm) Medium 160 cm
- Internode length Short
- Fruit shape Rectangular / Blocky
- Fruit length (cm) 10 – 12 | Fruit diameter (cm) 9 – 10
- Wall thickness: Thick
- Fruit colour before maturity: Green
- Final fruit colour: Red
- Fruit weight (gr) 180 – 220
- Fruit weight uniformity: Good | Fruit shape uniformity: Good
- Attachment: Pendant
- Lobes/cells: Three or four | Blossom scar Very small
- Cracking on sides and shoulders: No cracking
- Silvering: Almost none
- Micro cracking sides and shoulders: Low amount
- Calyx: touching or not touch fruit: Fully touching
- Firmness when fruit ready to pick: Firm
- Pungency: Sweet