Cucumber marketer is a fast-growing cucumber that produces a constant stream of delicious thin-skinned, apple-sized, juicy It is an old and very popular garden cucumber variety. Marketer produces medium-sized fruits that taper slightly at the end. It is firm-fleshed, great for slicing and pickling. The marketer is resistant to powdery mildew. This type of cucumber likes rich, fertile soil in full sun, and with this germination is guaranteed.
This variety of cucumber is a gorgeous all-purpose slicing/pickling cucumber type. The plants are of bush habit, usually running no more than 18”, making them superior for small gardens, containers, or anywhere space is tight. Fruits hold well on the plants, so avoiding the need for constant picking. The bumpy, brightly striped exterior is particularly attractive as well.
|SPACE BETWEEN PLANTS||75cm|
|SEEDS PER PACKET||approx 30 seeds|
Cucumber cultivation: Useful tips
The most suitable soil type for growing cucumber is sandy loamy or sandy soils, because of faster absorption of heat than other soil types. The steps involved in planting cumber include:
- Clear and plough: Clear and plough the farmland where you intend to farm cucumber. Remove all unwanted things on the farmland. The land should not contain trees or shrubs. Note that cucumber needs sunshine to grow very well, therefore they should be appropriately exposed to sunlight.
- Application of organic manure: This is commonly done before making beds. You can apply pig, cow, or poultry droppings and allow for 3 days or more before planting.
- Make Beds: The height of the bed should be 20cm – 30cm. Beds should not be made higher because cucumber does not grow too deeply into the soil. The width should be 1.0cm. The spacing between the beds should be 0.5 – 1m.
- Include drip irrigation systems: It is highly recommended to install drip irrigation systems especially if you are planting during the dry season. There may not be a need for irrigation systems during the rainy seasons. Either way, have it in mind that cucumber requires enough water on a daily basis.
- Cover the beds with mulching films: Mulching is done to suppress weeds and conserve water in cucumber production. Holes are open on it where crops grow through in. You must dispose of mulching films properly after usage. The distance between one hole and the other is about 40 – 50cm.Place your order for your Cucumber Marketer today, we deliver nationwide