Diverflox is a synthetic broad-spectrum, new generation fluoroquinolone. Diverflox is bactericidal with excellent antibacterial activity against most gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria
- This product is licensed for use in multiple species and can be dissolved in water, milk replacer or feed.
- It is suitable for use on animals and is available for nationwide delivery.
Composition of Diverflox
- Each gram contains 100mg of pefloxacin mesylate dihydrate
- Diverflox shows good absorption (70-90 per cent) with bioavailability, a long half-life, excellent tissue and body fluid penetration. Diverflox levels are high in bone, urine, kidney and serum. Concentrations in the lung exceed those in serum.
Treatment / Prevention of:
- CDR Complex
- Early chick mortality
- Secondary bacterial complications of viral disease
- Treatment: 1 gm of Diverflox powder in 2 litres of water for 3-5days or as advised by a veterinarian
- Prevention: During transfer 2-1-2 (1gm in 2 litres of water, 2 days before transfer, on the day of transfer and 2 days after transfer)
- Meat: 7 days
Notice to farmers
- Livestock farmers handling drugs must be cautious about the drugs and commit to their judicious management, use, and administration.
- In addition to this, farmers should promote routine health programs that prevent disease.
- The farm management systems, biosecurity, vaccination programs, nutrition, and hygiene should be strengthened.
- The withdrawal periods of each drug should be strictly followed.