Black Pearl Seedlings
Ornamental “Black Pearl” (Capsicum annuum “Black Pearl”) peppers produce small round black peppers that resemble a pearl, making them an interesting ornamental for the garden.
- Although the fruits are edible, they have an extremely hot flavor so they are often only grown for their appearance.
- The plants grow well from seeds started indoors about six to eight weeks before soil temperatures warm to 65 degrees Fahrenheit.
Black Pearl plant care
- Keep your pearl plant in a warm, sunny location.
- Water frequently with an occasional deep soak. Keep plant moist but not overly saturated. As with most plants, make sure the soil drains well.
- If you live in a warm enough climate, plant your tree outside once it is big enough.